top of page

What you need to know about the 2021 executive order for a new special enrollment period

In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and to help more Americans get health insurance in 2021, the Biden Administration has issued an Executive Order that will reopen the FFM, Federally Facilitated Marketplace, beginning February 15th.

Here's what you need to know. Everyone in Utah has the option to enroll or change plans. Below are some frequently asked questions about this Special Enrollment Period, or SEP.

You read that right, anyone in Utah has the opportunity enroll or make changes to their current health insurance plan on the Marketplace. AKA Obamacare, subsidized health insurance or

Frequently asked questions about this new period:

Q. If a member already enrolled on a plan during the Open Enrollment period, do they need to re-enroll during this SEP?

A. No. Any plan selected will remain in effect through the rest of 2021.

Q. What are the dates of this SEP?

A. February 15, 2021 to May 15th, 2021.

Q. Who is eligible for this SEP?

A. In Utah, everyone! This includes everyone who is currently uninsured and those who have a plan and want to change their plan.

Q. How much does a health insurance plan cost?

A. You can get an instant online quote at: or call/text one of our local agents today. 801-609-8699. Our help is free with no obligation.

Q. Do you have to prove that you recently lost health insurance to qualify for a plan?

A. No. Everyone is eligible to enroll or change plans during this SEP.

Q. Is any documentation required to be eligible for this SEP?

A. No. Documentation is not required to qualify for a health insurance plan. Applicants may be asked for other documents like proof of income.

Q. Do immigrants qualify for a health insurance plan on the Marketplace during this SEP?

A. YES! Most immigrants qualify for subsidies on the Marketplace. Applicants may be asked for documentation depending on your immigration status. Documents that you can use include the follow, but please note this list is not complete:

  • Permanent Resident Card, “Green Card” (I-551)

  • Reentry Permit (I-327)

  • Refugee Travel Document (I-571)

  • Employment Authorization Document (I-766)

  • Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (with temporary I-551 language)

  • Temporary I-551 Stamp (on passport or I-94/I-94A)

  • Arrival/Departure Record (I-94/I-94A)

  • Arrival/Departure Record in foreign passport (I-94)

  • Foreign Passport

  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (I-20)

  • Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (DS-2019)

  • Notice of Action (I-797)

  • Document indicating membership in a federally recognized Indian tribe or American Indian born in Canada

  • Certification from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)

  • Document indicating withholding of removal

  • Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) eligibility letter (if under 18)

  • Resident of American Samoa card

  • Alien number (also called alien registration number or USCIS number) or I-94 number

One of our local agents can help you know your options and enroll. Our help as your agent is always FREE with no obligation. Call or text us today 801-609-8699

Utah Avenue Insurance

local agents makes all the difference

332 South 100 West, Payson, UT 84651

699 South Main Street, Springville, UT 84663



Featured Posts

Request a quote online from one of our Licensed Local Health Insurance Agents

we are here to help

Get a Quote

Thinking of Ideas
bottom of page